What is eHome America?
HomeSmartNY and eHome America are partnering together to provide to provide online homebuyer education to first time home buyers across New York State. Customers take a 3-5 hour online course through eHome America and on completion, follow up with an hour of one-on-one homeownership counseling with a participating HomeSmartNY member housing counseling agency. Counseling can be completed in-person or by phone and is available in all regions of the state. Customers will receive a certificate of completion after meeting with a housing counselor. Meeting with a counselor is a crucial part of homebuyer education, as they can help you find out if you qualify for grants in your area.
Why take online homebuyer education?
- Take the course 24/7 at your own time – no need to wait for a workshop that fits your schedule.
- Learn strategies and tips that will help you make smart decisions and save money.
- Six course modules take you throughout the home buying process and how to protect your investment.
- Interactive worksheets help you create budgets and savings sheets, and find out how much house you can afford.
- Connect with homeownership counselors who can help you apply for grants and assistance programs in your area.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.